An aqua-blue Plymouth Sundance started it all. One of our Tint Tech specialists once had a 1992 aqua-blue Plymouth Sundance. You might remember the Sundance, it was one of those boxy, but nicely-proportioned economy cars made by Dodge/Chrysler. Dodge’s mirror version of the car was the Dodge Shadow. Our specialist recalls that it was really a great car. For some reason, the ergonomics of the driver’s seat, steering wheel, and the center console just seemed to fit him quite well. Even the aqua color with bold black trim, for some reason, worked.
But the car’s paint is where the problem began. The paint job soon began to both fade and chip away. The paint job on the hood and the roof of the car simply started to deteriorate. It was, in a word, unsightly. As it turned out, all of the paint used on Dodge/Chrysler cars around that time had a flaw that would result in early chipping and fading. It was a terrible shame, particularly since doing a first-class re-paint of the car was probably not worth it because the Sundance was by no means a luxury car.
Our Tint Tech specialist told us that if “color change wraps” existed back when he was driving the Sundance, the Sundance would have had a beautiful wrap to cover up its fading coat of paint. And that brings us to today’s blog topic – color change wraps.
This blog will cover some of the basics of color change wraps for your vehicle, and tell you why there is all upside and no downside to getting a color change wrap for your car. That said, if you are in the market to make a change to your car now, and you want to learn what we can do for you, call us at Tint Tech, Calgary’s top auto film specialists. You can call our number at 1-403-968-8468, or fill out our online contact form. We are ready to do what it takes to have pride in your ride!
What is a Color Change Wrap?
A “color change wrap” is a vinyl wrap that you can apply to your car in order to completely change the color of your car. Companies like 3M, Avery, and Oracal make high-quality vinyl films that come in all types of colors.
The basic idea is that if you have a blue car that you’d like to change to classic glossy white, or neon green, or even a leopard pattern, a color change wrap is all you need. Accordingly, the sky is the limit to make your vision come to life.
Does Color Change Wrap Mean that the Color of the Wrap Can Change?
The answer is “yes,” and “no.” The typical color change wrap means that you install the vinyl film on your vehicle so that you can literally change the color or your car, from say blue to green, or white to black.
That said, there is actually color change wrap – called “color flip wrap” – where the color of your car will change based on the amount of sunlight and the angle on which you are viewing the car. So, the vinyl film you put on your car will not only change the color of your car, but the color of the car will change based on sunlight and angle. Very cool indeed.
What are the Benefits?
What is so amazing about color change wrap is that it packs in a host of benefits, with no downside. How can it be, you ask, that color change wrap has all pros and no cons? Well, if there is something you don’t like about your color change wrap, all you have to do is remove the vinyl film from your car.
Removing the wrap is remarkably easy. So, unlike getting your car repainted (which is a permanent fix that you may or may not like), a color change wrap can stay on only as long as you like that color.
Here is a quick list of color change wrap benefits:
- Cost. Color change wraps typically cost half what a new paint job on your car would cost.
- Partial or Whole Car. Color change wraps can be used for a full car wrap. But you can also use it to accent parts of your vehicle, like the bumpers, the trunk, hood, etc. The only limit is your imagination.
- Durability. With most color change wraps, the company – and Tint Tech – will stand behind a warranty. So, you can enjoy 100% protection with at least a 5 years of durable wrap life.
- Resale Value. You may think that putting a wrap on your car might do some damage to the actually painted surface of your car. Just the opposite is true. The color change wrap will protect your car so you can maintain the resale value of your car. If you wrap your car soon after you purchase it, then you are essentially putting a protective coat around your car so it can keep its new car brilliance underneath.
- Unique, Trendy Look. Because the ways in which you can utilize color change wraps go as far as your imagination, there is always a way to make sure your car is truly unique.
- Custom Finishes. The flexibility in color, pattern, and texture of color change wraps is so vast that it far surpasses what you are able to do with just paint on a car. Some of the textures and finishes include gloss, brushed, metal, carbon fiber, satin, matte, metallic, and chrome.
Check Out Tint Tech to Learn More About this Amazing Option
Color change wrap is kind of amazing. It certainly could have helped that old aqua Plymouth Sundance back in the day. The wrap allows you to drive into Tint Tech with a drab beige car (or fading aqua Sundance), and drive away with an awesome rockin’ red, or glossy, metallic green. Getting a color change wrap feels almost like you are getting a new car!
We at Tint Tech are dedicated to ensuring that you learn all of your options regarding the color change wrap. We are experts at installing such a wrap, and we want to make sure your car looks as awesome as it can. Call us at 1-403-968-8468, or fill out our online contact form.