One of the best things in life – having options. As they say, real wealth is not about having a lot of money, it is about having options. When it comes to car tint options, you are wealthy indeed. Automotive window tinting is a field that continues to improve with some amazing technological advances in just the last few years. The great thing about car window tint is that it is an aftermarket product that has so many benefits, from aesthetics to health and safety that it would be unwise not to consider auto tint for your car these days.
This blog will take a close look at all of the car tint options available to you in today’s market. Some options may be better than others for your personal taste, but they are all worthy of consideration.
Of course, if you are looking for places that do window tinting, then you need look no farther than Calgary’s best window tint shop, Tint Tech. We can discuss in more detail all of the options that we present in this blog and see which car tint option is the best for you. We are the window tint professionals and one of the best places that do window tinting. So, call us at 1-403-968-8468, or be sure to fill out our online contact form.
Why is Car Window Tint Worth It?
Before jumping into all the of the car tint options available to you, let’s refresh why window tint is a great decision for your car to begin with.
First, car tint protects your skin. We all know that UV rays are incredibly harmful to your skin, and regular auto glass will not block those dangerous UV rays. Car tint will. You may only drive in your car for short periods of time, but if you have a long commute, you need to frequently take road trips, or if you drive all day as an Uber or Lyft driver, the sun beating down on your skin can take its toll.
Second, car tint reduces fading. The UV rays are not only bad for your skin, but they are bad for your upholstery and dashboard finishes too.
Third, car tint will keep your interior cool. Given that car tint blocks UV rays, it keeps out a lot of the heat that comes with those UV rays. Thus, your drive will be that much more comfortable.
Fourth, car tint gives you privacy. Car tint brings privacy to the passengers of your car, and keeps people from seeing anything you have inside your car, making it less of a target for burglars.
Fifth, car tint looks great. While not the only reason for getting car tint, obviously a great, classy look for your car is an important reason to tint your windows.
What are Your Car Tint Options?
This is the best time to shop for automotive tint because you have so many great options to choose from.
- Infrared Car Tint. The benefit of infrared tint is that it gives you extremely high visibility while still blocking out harmful UV rays. Infrared films do not darken the windows too much, which is good for provinces that have stricter tinting laws, and they last a long time.
- Metallic Car Tint. If you are looking for a sleek, shiny, reflective window tint, metallic is the way to go. It has high resistance to heat and UV rays, but the drawback is that the metal particles in the tint could block a cell phone or GPS signal.
- Carbon Car Tint. Carbon tint is pretty popular because it blocks more heat and UV rays than most of the other types of tint, and it avoids any issue with blocking cell or GPS signals because it is not made with metal.
- OEM Car Tint. OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. The tint is built into the glass, and you purchase the new windows to put in your car. This process is similar to getting new windows from the original dealer as replacements, but the OEM company tends to provide the windows more cheaply than an original dealer would.
- Clear Car “Tint.” Although it is a bit of a misnomer to call clear window film “tint,” the application of the film is the same. Clear films are, as you would expect, transparent window films. Now, you may ask: why would anyone get a clear film? Well, there are actually many solid reasons to do so. Most importantly, the UV protection of car tint is such a great benefit, that many customers want the UV protection without darkening their windows at all. In addition, if you live in a province that has strict limitations on how dark your tint can be, clear film is a great alternative. The one downside: transparent film does not block out heat as well as the darkened tinted windows would.
There is another option to block out heat and UV rays, and that is by using detachable sun shades and retractable sun shades in the windows of your car. Those can be lower-cost options, but do not look as attractive and are not as permanent as the professional installation of high-quality car tint.
Looking for Places that Do Window Tinting? Think of Calgary’s Tint Tech
So, there you have it, a quick primer on all of the car tint options that you can get to make your life more comfortable, and make your car look fabulous. At Tint Tech, we specialize in working closely with our customers to help them make the best tinting decisions. We then back up that decision with careful, professional installation of the window tint that will last a long time, and will not fade, bubble or crack.
Let us help you transform the look and feel of your car by reaching out and contacting us today. We will make sure that you are satisfied and comfortable before going ahead with the automotive window tint installation. Call us at 1-403-968-8468, or be sure to fill out our online contact form.