Getting window tinting is a big decision. There are myriad benefits to tinting windows of your car, but it is not a decision to take lightly. Your ride is important to you, and you want to make sure that you are doing the right thing.
So, this blog is here to discuss some of the factors you should consider before taking the plunge and tinting your windows. Most any consumer choice can benefit from a little research, so the following points will help you on your way to arriving at the tinting decision that is best for you.
Once you have read this blog, you may have more questions that are specific to your own vehicle. If that is true, we invite you to contact the professionals at Tint Tech. With decades of auto window tint experience, we can help you ensure that your vehicle looks its absolute best. Call today to learn more at 1-403-968-8468, or be sure to fill out our online contact form.
Now, on to the window tinting factors to consider.
Factor #1 – Looks or Performance?
The first item to consider is your ultimate goal with window tint. This is honesty time. Do you want window tinting to save on energy, reduce glare, or protect from ultraviolet (UV) light? Or, are you really looking to make sure that your windows are tinted dark because – let’s be real – they look awesome?
No judgments here, but it is important to know what you are ultimately going for. That will inform the type of window tint you have installed.
There are different window tint products for all budgets, but you will likely be able to save a little money if you do not need a window tint film that has other qualities, like energy savings. That said, if you are less interested in aesthetics and more interested in privacy or UV protection, then you will would focus on a different set of products.
If you have seen other blogs on this site, you will know that the latest window tint film products are amazing with regard to UV, heat rejection, and other benefits. In fact, beyond good looking windows, here is a quick bullet list of some of the phenomenal advantages to window tint for your vehicle:
1. Glare Reduction. The sun can really be a problem for drivers, especially when driving directly into the sun. Of course, most provinces do not allow you to darken your windshield with window tint. However, clear window tint for your windshield and front side windows can significantly reduce glare.
2. Protect Against Harmful UV Rays. Regular car windows do not block UV rays, and they can be dangerous to our skin. In fact, UV rays are one of the leading causes of skin cancer. Window tint film can block up to 99 percent or harmful UV rays.
3. Save Energy. Window tint keeps the heat in during the winter, and keeps the heat out during the summer. Thus, certain types of window film with heat reduction qualities can save you money by not having your car’s air conditioning work so hard.
4. Reduce Interior Fading. The light and UV rays that can be harmful to your skin are, as you would expect, also harmful to your dashboard, fabrics, and other surfaces in your car as well. Window film can take away the UV light that would otherwise prematurely fade the upholstery, dashboard, and other surfaces in your car.
5. Shatterproof the Windows a Bit. Window tint film is like an extra elastic-type sheet that covers your window. In the event of a window shattering, the film will be able to hold the window together much better than an unprotected window.
6. Privacy. With darkened window tint, you can ensure that valuables in your car, such as bags, phones, and laptops are out of sight.
In sum, take stock and consider whether you are looking for the performance benefits above, or if you just want that impressive dark, tinted look. Knowing that will help you on what tint to choose.
Factor #2 – Warranties on the Product
Because warranties can vary, it is important that you consider what is in the warranty for window tint before buying. Of course, the last thing you want to think about when purchasing that new high-tech refrigerator, that new hot rod, or auto tinting for the new hot rod is the fine print in a warranty agreement. We understand. But be sure to look before you leap, because your window tint will be with your car for a long time.
Should a warranty be in writing? Absolutely. Anytime a salesperson makes an oral promise to you, like repairs are free, you should get that promise in writing. Warranties are difficult to enforce if it is just your word against the salesperson.
You should keep a special eye out for things like the length of a warranty, the contact person on the product, and whether the warranty guarantees repair or replacement, rather than just a refund.
Accordingly, if a tinting shop does not tell you what brand of window tint is being installed, or provide you with a warranty card, you may want to look elsewhere for tinting service.
Factor #3 – Experience of the Installer
Finally, you should figure out the background of the tint shop that may be doing the installation of your window tint. Not all window tint shops are made alike. An experienced installer can be the difference between a phenomenal tint job and one that will start peeling as soon as you drive out of the shop. Indeed, even when working with a lower cost product, an expert installer can make the most out of the film to keep your vehicle looking great.
Tint Tech is the Expert in Window Tint Installation in Calgary
Tint Tech, Calgary’s most popular auto film specialist, is focused on making sure that you know all the options available so you can make an informed choice. We also provide the best quality installation in the region – such that you will not be able to see any bubbling, cracking, or other imperfections on your window tint.
We know how to make sure that you are 100% satisfied with our work so that you get the most out of your tinting job. We at Tint Tech also provide energy saving, and safety protections for your home and office with a wide selection of state-of-the-art architectural window films in addition to automotive window films.
Every staff member at Tint Tech of Calgary is a professional installer who will see your project through from start to finish. With over 45 years of combined experience among our professionals, Tint Tech guarantees that our work will be of the highest quality, while ensuring your ultimate satisfaction. Call today to learn more at 1-403-968-8468, or be sure to fill out our online contact form.